We provide robust financial and economic modelling analyses and develop tailored user-friendly models
Analyses very often require quantification of impacts or cash-flows. Our economists and modellers have a long and diverse experience in developing one-off or flexible quantitative models.
Our services include the following:
- Financial modelling: when a decision is about investments, costs and savings, usually in relation to sustainability investments, our team can develop financial modelling to meet any standard requirement.
- Economic modelling: going beyond the modelling of financial cash-flows, economic modelling is about bringing under a unique framework all changes resulting from a specific intervention or project; most components are typically quantified in $ values as a unifying unit of measurement, even the economic flows that may not have a market value, although qualitative analysis can also be integrated into an economic valuation framework when required(see also Total Economic Value).
- Business cases: decisions about an investment typically rely on a strong business case; a business case puts in perspective all considerations for an investment, including research, financial modelling, economic modelling, stakeholder consultation; we have the ability and experience to advise on the most suitable structure for a robust business case, to undertake the required preparatory work, and bring it all together into a convincing communication piece.
- User-driven models: over the years, and to respond to our clients’ requests, our consultants have acquired specific capabilities in developing user-friendly models to carry out recurring analyses based on ever-changing inputs. We can produce attractive clients-interfaces and can transfer our models online to facilitate wide access.
- Uncertainty modelling: we use Monte Carlo scenario analysis to model combined risk and uncertainty and calculate results with associated level-of-confidence rather than point-estimates, thus providing richer and more informative information. Uncertainty modelling can be combined with virtually any model of physical or economic flows or risk model.
Please contact us for more information about our modelling capabilities.