We help our clients to understand legislation and develop systems and processes for meeting their compliance requirements.
We have experience working with clients to navigate state and federal environmental regulatory and compliance programs including the National Greenhouse and Energy Reporting (NGER) scheme, the Safeguard Mechanism, the Carbon Farming Initiative (CFI), the NSW Energy Savings Scheme (ESS), the Victorian Energy Efficiency Target (VEET) and the SA Retailer Energy Efficiency Scheme (REES) .
Our team includes experts that can help clients to appreciate, plan and manage their compliance strategies, drawing on our understanding of the regulatory landscape and the range of opportunities available to them in the market. We understand the primary importance of complying with these programs, but we also understand the benefits of developing robust and efficient internal compliance systems.
We maintain up-to-date knowledge of all climate change-related policies and programs, enabling us to provide briefings and training to clients. We also regularly host events on new and emerging regulatory programs.
Through our broader consulting work, we engage extensively with federal and state regulators, giving us valuable insights into the operation and interpretation of carbon policies and programs.
Our services include the following:
- Greenhouse and energy data management, including assistance with NGER reporting by developing bespoke tools or by implementing our web-based Joule energy and environment reporting platform.
- Reporting boundary assessments to determine reportable group members, facilities and emissions sources under federal and state based climate change legislation.
- Services related to the ERF, including project evaluations, project management, and bid strategies, reporting and audit assistance.
- Development of enterprise compliance frameworks to enable clients to design projects and create certficates under the ESS, VEET and REES schemes.
- Assisting clients to understand and manage compliance with the Safeguard Mechanism including calculating baselines and developing compliance strategies in case of an ‘excess emissions situation.’
Please contact us for more information about our climate change compliance assistance services or to talk to us about a specific project.