We use economics to support more inform decisions and better decision making
A happy society can only exist within a healthy environment and economic systems have been developed to serve our societal choices.
At Point Advisory, we are keen to use economic analysis and explore innovative economic instruments to support environmental improvement and social progress.
We believe that the total economic value of projects, policies or actions should include social and environmental considerations and that a broad definition of economic value can lead to better decisions and outcomes.
Our consultants have accumulated significant experience in the valuation of socio-economic and environmental impacts.We can assist in developing valuation frameworks, advise on or undertake benefits and costs analyses or projects and program valuation.
Our services include the following:
- Program evaluation: supporting our clients in reviewing the performance of programs or intervention using economic analyses and non-market valuation techniques.
- Policy research and stakeholders consultation: in support of our government clients, mostly in relation to carbon, energy or, more generally, sustainability policies; this includes benchmarking studies and organising and facilitating stakeholders consultation.
- Decision making and prioritisation: decision making support through evaluation of benefits and costs of investment options or actions, with a view to achieve set objectives and targets, reduce risk or enhance returns.
- Environmental accounting and Natural Capital: supporting the development of environmental accounts aside of financial accounts for projects, assets or regions to inform environmental management decisions and track their progress.
- Economic and financial modelling: modelling of financial flows or monetised economic flows applied to a variety of fields, mostly in relation to sustainability (carbon, renewable energy, energy efficiency) and informing business cases.
- Sustainability market analyses: market research applied to sustainability products or activities to assist our clients to develop their activities, assess and manage risks and inform strategic directions.
Please contact us for more information about our Economics consulting services or to talk to us about a specific project.