We offer a wide range of building information modelling (BIM) services.
We provide a wide range of BIM services across the entire spectrum of the built environment design to help clost the gap between design, construction and operations.
We specialise in high volume – low cost solutions where we partner with our clients to provide them with a medium to long term service that is reliable and cost effective. Our core BIM services include:
- Model management
- Clash detection
- LOD model audits
- FM data management
- Initial audits and system reviews
- Assistance with software & hardware selection
- System design & development
- Ongoing support and assistance
What is BIM?
BIM – Stands for Building Information Modelling (also known as Building Information Management).
The concept of BIM is not new and the concept has been around for over 20 years. In the last 5-10 years however, BIM has become the dominant (digital) standard across the AEC Industry, especially when it comes to using a 3D workflow as opposed to the traditional 2D workflow (such as CAD).
With BIM, we build everything twice. The first time virtually and the second time physically. When BIM is done correctly substantial savings can be made both on and offsite, especially during the construction phase of a project due to less rework, reduced labour and the ability to minimise wastage.
To date it has been the design and construction industry that has embraced BIM and has started reaping some of the rewards. As we move forward though, the real opportunities for BIM will be in the operational side of the industry (ie facility management) where it is estimated that up to 75% of the real value is.
The benefits of using BIM :
- Better coordination and collaboration
- Improved clash detection and risk mitigation
- Optimise your costs and schedules
- Less rework and wastage onsite
- Work faster and more more efficiently
- Better flexibility and customisation.
- Imporved stakeholder engagement
- Better facility management
Please contact us for more information about any of our BIM services or to talk to us about a specific project.