We are excited to officially launch Point Advisory’s Sydney office.
Join us for the launch and hear from experts about “The role of Ethics in Human Rights and Sustainability”
‘Chief Sustainability Officers’ and their teams are increasingly being exposed to ethics-based challenges in relation to their material sustainability topics and salient human rights issues. Since 2011, the UN Guiding Principles of Business and Human Rights (UNGP) have provided a framework to better ‘protect, respect, remedy’ significant impacts to people, with some companies improving their human rights practices. However, do the increased number of people impacted by business missteps mean that ethical considerations need to play a stronger role in guiding sustainability strategies.
This event will explore and discuss the role of ethics in human rights and sustainability, and how companies may need to evolve their current strategies and approaches to effectively respond in light of emerging trends and compliance requirements.
To discuss a variety of perspectives on the topic our speakers include:
- Alan Dayeh – Managing Principal NSW, Point Advisory
- Abigail McGregor – Partner, Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
- Cris Parker – Head of The Ethics Alliance, The Ethics Centre
- Stuart Palmer – Head of Ethics Research, Australian Ethical
- 6.00 – 6.30pm – Registration
- 6.30 – 7.30pm – Event session
- 7.30 – 8.00pm – Open Q&A discussion
- 8.00 – 9.00pm – Food, drinks and networking
Please join us any time from 6pm and help us also celebrate the opening of the Point Advisory Sydney!
The event location has lift access and is wheelchair accessible.
To book your ticket visit https://bit.ly/2PMsoEu